Shadow of dim light
Running through the city, not facing back, frightened, as there is something unknown chasing you. You run into small alleyway behind the nearest building. Everything the eye looks upon – broken, devastated, just as if war recently finished and ruined town I’m left with a beast who is chasing me, with urge to kill. This endless feeling of fear, such fear that is gripping your throat, for you becoming unable to scream for help, unable to even let out a word, your body shaking, your mind constantly paranoid.
Right then someone, another one of my kind, takes my hand and pulls me away, inside the building, closing doors behind. Carefully. Silently. And I am just being pulled further inside, by my hand, then upstairs, another flight of stairs, hallway and stairs again. Though I’m pulled by this stranger, I can’t make out how this person looks. He or she? But this person is just soundlessly floating through the halls, footsteps unheard. Then we reach top floor, open the door and step into hallway. I see it has curtains still hanging, although ripped from wind and all the war that went on. Floor covered with bits of broken glass, shattered bits of wall…
This person lets go of my hand. Then goes off into hallway, not making sound at all. I stood there watching how she walked. All noise that was filling my head up until now silenced down. I froze. I finally heard the sound of wind blowing softly, raindrops falling together with ash, and then I make out that music is playing down this hall. I stared at the person who was more than enough away, further along hallway. I finally could recognise features. She opened the doors and walked in. The piano music became louder. Unsure of what to, once more I looked outside the window, as all windows were shattered and broken, my eyes could clearly see the raindrops with bits of ashes – falling down on ruined and burned out city. Dark shadows of unknown monsters lurking on streets, giving the horrible chills down the spine.
I walked towards the doors, then turned to see what’s inside. My heartbeat loudly pondering in my ears, along with piano music. Inside I saw five figures in massive ballroom, they all were in their different corners along the room, one of whom was playing the old piano. Just one person, this girl in long fluffy chiffon dress, red hair, slim figure, gesturing for me to come in.
And I’m really willing to step into the room, but something is holding me. Own body not willing to listen. I can feel that they can help me understand something, but my body is heavy, unable to listen to my commands. Then thunder strikes, shaking fiercely the air and then lightning strikes – all vanishes and I fall.
Waking up in the morning, cold sweat on my body, feeling of strange unease and tension along body. Birds cheeping outside, sun shining through curtains. I’m in bed, under blanket, slightly shaking, still having that feeling of thunder sounding and pounding, my heart in slight fear skipping a beat. Deeply breathing in, breathing out. That was just a dream. Just a dream. Pulling myself together and in my thin nightie walking downstairs to the kitchen.
Smell of freshly made coffee putted finally my heart at ease. What a strange dream. I find note left by Erick on table in Green Room: “Take care of house. Don’t make mess. Give food to Fatso. Don’t be afraid.”
Erick sure as hell is magician. How does he even know what to say even if he is not here? Deductive skills maybe? Maybe…
I made coffee, crawled up on chair in green room, legs up on chair under my bum. Holding huge cup of coffee in hands and just looking outside at sunlit porch with a neighbour cat lazily stretching.
– Enjoying sunshine are you? – I said out loud.
Cat outside just gave me evil eye and went back to sleeping on a porch, enjoying the nice warmth from sunshine. This cat sure is fatty cat.
– O-oh, so you are Fatso awaiting the food. O-oh.
I putted my cup on the table and went into kitchen to find that plate of food especially left for this cat Erick sure has some awkward perks. Took the plate and walked to Fatso, putting the plate next to him on the porch. Then I sat next to Fatso. Sun is nice and warm breeze is calming. Closed my eyes, drank more coffee, breathed in. Nice calming situation. Fatso next to me got up to eat. He was chewing his food quite loudly, but finished up fast enough, he then laid down on my tights and started purring. I laid back, enjoying the warm breeze and a fluffy ball of purring on my legs. Very calming.
Not realizing it I dozed off for a bit.
Evening turned out peaceful too. Sunset lighting sky in orange and red tones, no cloud up above, nice warm breeze and cheeping of birds. Definitely something of a scene from romantic movie. Fatso passed by, walking back to his house. I said “Hi” as he passed by, just jolting his tail at me. Joyful scent of evening. A kind of aroma that has this little chill of the river in it and scent of forest with green warm grass. Relaxing.
– Nice evening indeed.
I heard voice from behind me, as I ruthlessly turned around in shock, I saw Niko.
– You do have that ghostly appearance of surprise. – I mustered, as my heart was calming down from racing up like crazy.
– Surprise with a chill down the spine. Sounds like either joyful pleasing sort of surprise or horrified one. Which one is it?
– Most likely the kind of mixed feelings one.
I said as I breathed out. Alas my breathing went steady, nerves calmed down and I took a better look at her. Right now what striked me most was a fact that she was no ghost, she definitely was flesh and bones. As real and living as I was.
Wearing short khaki shorts, crop top mint colour and black long cardigan, barefoot, hair down, looking at me.
– I assume that I’ll help myself with cup of coffee. Would you like some?
She blurred out as she went inside the kitchen.
– Yes, thanks. – mustered my lips.
Watching her making brewed coffee got me goose bumps. Every move, every detail made with precision, gently – polished skillset of tender coffee making. I never before saw someone make coffee to the extent of getting pleasurable goose bumps. Through all this work she looked charming. Feminine way of look, sort of one you get for some women, when you appreciate them as you feel their charisma, magical aura if you like.
– If you keep on staring, you’ll burn a hole in my back – softly spoke Niko, turning around handing me cup of coffee, – Please enjoy.
Smile, warming as the morning sunshine – her smile. I took the cup, then followed her to the chairs. We sat down, looking at each other, sipping coffee, slowly.
– You know you can ask me questions, Elyon. If you want answers, you have to ask questions. But some questions need no answers. I hope we’ll get along.
By the way of her look, Niko spoke sincerely, it seems.
My mind turned to thinking, my eyes looking outside. What I’d like to know foremost? Connection? Relations…
– You and Erick… What is your relationship with him? How did you get to know each other? – Words came out.
Niko looked around, then stopped her gaze at the vase with orchids.
– At some point in young age I figured out that I hear someone else in my head, and as I speak to it, voice replies back. Male voice in my head spoke about interesting things. So much more different than things I know of. Then all the pain, depression, feelings – we shared all of that. I cried for him and he cried for me. At some point I thought to myself that I want to feel this person, in my hands, hug him tight and alas talk face to face, somehow I managed to transfer myself to him. First as ghost, of a sort, then fully. That is when we finally touched, hugged, I think we cuddled up and slept whilst hugging one another, first time I got here. Then we became a close friends, then inspiration for each other. Had some nice experience in between, some erotic experience, sensual. That thing deepened our bond. Being more physically close. Revealing secrets about one another, knowing each other’s bits, small issues hidden down below. But that only made us closer. So that right now we know all there is about each other.
Such relationship. So obscure in a way, strange, but by all means… I’ve never seen, heard of such strange deep bond, sensual attachment. They really are so close?
– So you know all there is about Erick? Everything there is?
– Pretty much yes, except his thoughts at times. I merely know about how works his logic, that helps with some bits. All the rest there is to him is up to himself. That sort of mystery.
– And what about you?
– Just one more sack of meat and bones. With some thought process going on, hopefully not too stupid.
– Can you tell me about yourself? – My curiosity bursts open.
– As long as you will do the same about yourself.
Niko looked at me, smiling, then finished her coffee and got up.
– Another cup-a-coffee? – She said.
I took a look at my cup, noticing just now that my cup was actually empty. I managed to drink all of it within this short time. That is first time for me to dunk down drink so fast. I held out cup for Niko to take. Then followed her, as she walked into the kitchen to put on kettle for boiling.
– You’re so stiff. Can you stand there for a moment? – Niko glanced at me.
I stopped in the middle of kitchen, looking at Niko as she smiled at me. But I somehow felt each inch of my body tightened. I was like a string.
– Elyon, close your eyes dear. – Softly spoke Niko as she walked towards me.
My eyes closed. I hear her coming very close to me, so that I got this intimidating feeling, but body wouldn’t budge an inch. Strange fearful feeling. Like cornered animal, frozen by fear from watchful predator.
– Please honey, don’t be afraid, – Nikos voice was close, then I heard right next to my ear, – I don’t bite, unless you say you want me to.
That was a sensual whisper right there! I couldn’t stop myself from blushing. I didn’t have anyone who would whisper to my ear so sexually! Harassment!
Right then her fingers, soft and firm, touched my right cheek, as she gave me soft butterfly kiss on my lips… She has quite soft, warm lips…