Something awkward started up in life all of a sudden. Entwined all together so that no longer things seemed the same. Definite statement of change for more than 15%. You do know that brain can define the difference if the difference is around 15% or more. This case was just hardcore mass of all that did not add up.
I kept on looking at my screen, reading my own words and not believing in them. Most normal beings would not really believe such strange natural occurrence. Something like another creature showing up on front of your eyes, or this ghost talking to you.
This report looks like a ton of made-up bag of crazy. How am I supposed to explain the whole thing?
Putting it all into words – task was extraordinarily difficult. No matter how much I overlooked the situation – solution of words didn’t come. I stared at screen in search of something – yet words did not appear. At some point all information in my head decided to go “Puff” and it went silent. As if whole system just went bust from overheat.
I saved what I had. Turned everything off. Took a glimpse around, and then decided that I should call it a day and go. Packed my purse, got it hanging over the shoulder, then said “Bye” to co-workers and went outside. Busy evening, with sun just in about few hours setting down.
Everybody going somewhere or to someone. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes…
I was looking directly in her eyes… What was her eye color again? Her lips…
I opened my eyes, as I caught myself thinking about her. Why in whole universe, would I, right now, at this moment in time think about her? Perhaps I overworked too much, that is why my brain takes time to get out of working mode. Shook my head, slapped my cheeks slightly to get my focus back and committed to idea of getting myself back home right now.
Erick should be back by this time of the day.
Turning the key in the lock, opening door and coming in.
Somehow this house is like no other ordinary house I’ve been in. Erick said that everything here was created or selected by both him and Niko. All he said back then did not make much sense to me. Now I am gasping some bits that might actually make story complete. Maybe make more sense and actually will not be something I was “concluding” before.
When I got into my room, I dropped all belongings near the table. Took change of clothes out of drawers and went for a shower.
Standing underneath running water relaxes a lot. Like a hum which takes away unnecessary bits and pieces. But suddenly it was disrupted.
– Hey, I wanted to talk to you.
I jolted as I saw Erick standing next to me. Apparently due to me being fully inside of the bubble of my thoughts – I didn’t notice the door opening and him walking in.
– Do you mind?! – I half-shouted as I started to blush, realising that shower curtain wasn’t drawn and I am fully exposed to Erick. Stark naked in front of a handsome man. Marvellous. He looked unfazed.
– Not at all, – said Erick as he shifted legs, – I shall be going away for a week from tomorrow onwards. So I’ll need you to take care of the house for me. Hope you can manage that.
Then he just turned round on his heels facing towards door out.
– Where are you… – I couldn’t even finish sentence, Erick was already out and closing door behind.
After strange shower with intruders to my privacy I went downstairs for dinner.
One more thing each and every time tingling my senses is Ericks cooking. Somehow anything he cooks, makes or bakes, even for the first time trying – he makes it perfect. A kind of like… Food filled with “love”, which you can taste as you try.
Today Erick made green salad, Farfalle macaroni and shrimp sauce. As it always gets – I bit my tongue whilst eating his divine cookery.
Somehow I found it a bit lonely eating by myself in the kitchen. Full aware that Erick was just upstairs – packing things for tomorrow. But I already felt lonely.
Today felt like a really long day. Office, home, this mess inside my head.
When I finished eating and cleaning up – I went to my favourite bed, dropped down, rolled up in blanket and in matter of seconds fell asleep.
“This evening sure seems long” – Erick thought, as he sat in conservatory holding cup of hot coffee.
– You seem to think too much, my dear. – Niko said softly.
Erick watched the darkness outside. Not surprised by Nikos appearance.
– I’m continuously thinking. Over thinking. Drawing conclusions. Changing perspectives in my head nonstop. Quite silly to make any judgements based on this. – Erick replied, still staring into darkness.
– Dear oh dear, – Niko breathed out, – It’s just a week. I’ll keep my watch here for you. My worrywart sweetie.
– I do forget how sarcastic and sassy you become sometimes towards me. – Erick shook his head lightly. His eyebrows knotted for a moment.
– Sometimes I tend to keep reminding myself how hopeless you actually can be. – Niko was looking at Erick with a smile. – But I do know that on this trip you’ll see “him” to satisfy you and your sexual frustration. The one I’m not willing to be part of. But sure like to participate as a bystander from sidelines. For science reasons of course. – She giggled.
– You’re horrible. – Erick gave an evil eye. – But indeed I’ll make sure to enjoy myself as much as possible, so that my great story leaves you jealous.
– Good to hear that! – Niko said joyfully.
– I hope you… – Erick looked at Niko with absolute seriousness. She gave him a pat on a shoulder.
– Don’t worry about her, dear. I’ll take care of her! My best treatment for her is promised. Somehow I’m sure she’ll enjoy a lot. – Her saying that didn’t give Erick much reassurance. But he knew that with this person anything is possible.
Night was taking over the land. Just about eight or so hours until dawn.
From tomorrow someone shall learn some new bits of life, of joy, of sadness… Perhaps become a bit foul… But rain is the one to fill in the world right now. Clouds covered starry sky – rumbling with thunder tonight.
Heavy downpour to hammer all living with replenishment, give that bit of frightening darkness, lurking in the holes of endless minds.
In the morning all will come to recover, refresh and start anew.